On June 28, 2012 one of the biggest travel agencies in Lithuania „Estravel“, representing international network „American Express“, celebrates 15 years anniversary. During the years of operation in the country, agency market share in Lithuanian tourism business had increased significantly and the dramatic extension of services had been witnessed.
“For many years „Estravel“ represents American Express Network in Lithuania which proves we are a well trusted partner. Also, leading airline companies identify us as the most promising travel agency in Lithuania and we are very grateful for this evaluation”, says Žydrė Gavelienė, General Manager, “Estravel American Express”, Lithuania.
During the last 15 years the number of agency staff increased from 12 to 26, while the number of offices in Vilnius got from 1 to 3. Despite economic slowdown, during the last 5 year agency had been demonstrating good results: the number of customers increased just as well as the market share in Lithuanian tourism business. In addition to this, customer services as well as product portfolio had been also developed significantly.
“Estravel American Express” serves both corporate and leisure travel custumoer. Agency provides corporate clients with conference, business travel, event organization services in Lithuania and abroad. Also, for the last 3 years agency had been successfully organizsing representative tourism event in and outside the country.
Other area of agency expertise is leisure tourism, which includes entertainment, SPA, resort, cultural, educational, exotic and many more travelg opportunities, as well as exclusive “Fly and Drive” programme and “Family Baltic Vacation” project, which received special praise from the Lithuanian State Tourism Department at the competition “Best Family Vacation idea 2011”. In addition to this, “Estravel American Express” is an official representative of “Lonely Planet” travel guide books in Lithuania.
“Estravel American Express” is actively presenting its news on the company website as well as via newsletters, also is communicating with its customers via social media: Facebook profile „Estravel American Express“ and „LinkedIn“ group „Estravel Lietuva“.
Some facts about “Estravel American Express”:
• „Estravel“ agency had been established in Estonia in 1988.
• In 1993 m. agency became the accredited member of IATA.
• In 1995 agency became an official representative of American Express Network.
• In 1995 “Finnair Group” became the major shareholder of the company.
• In 2000 “Finnair Group” transferred its shares to its subsidiary company „Finland Travel Bureau“.
• In 1997 first agency office had been opened in Vilnius. Now agency is a member of Lithuanian National Tourism Association and Lithuanian Tourism Chamber, as well as a member of American, Finish, Estonian and Swedish Chambers of commerce.